For a very long time, I mistakenly believed that the Law of Attraction was all about feeling good all the time.
And every time I didn’t feel good, I thought I was doing something wrong.
So it brought a lot of relief to me, once I realized that it is not so much about feeling good, as it is about finding a way to feel better from where I am right now.
And that is something completely different!
Angry feels better
Let me give you a couple of examples to illustrate what I mean:
- If you are feeling depressed, thinking about something that makes you feel angry will actually make you feel better, as anger feels better than depression (at least for most people). Feeling angry, however, will not make you feel good, even though it will make you feel better from where you were.
- If you are feeling angry, thinking about something that makes you feel frustrated will make you feel better, as frustration feels better than anger (for most people). Feeling frustrated, however, will probably not feel good, but it will still make you feel better from where you were.
What a relief!
When I realized this, I felt a lot of relief, as it means that:
- I don’t have to feel good all the time (phew!)
- I’m not doing anything wrong, if I’m not feeling good (more phew!)
- I always have the option of doing something that makes me feel a bit better from where I am, which is so much easier than having to do something that makes me feel good!
Understanding other people
Over time, I have come to realize a couple of other things from this, that have actually helped me become more understanding and less judgmental in relationship with other people:
- I don’t need to be quite so hard on myself, when I find myself doing something that makes others feel bad. Maybe this was the only way I could feel better in that situation!
- And likewise, I don’t need to take it so hard, when someone does something that makes me feel bad. Maybe it was simply the only way, he could feel better in that situation!