Today I needed this process, so I thought I would share it with you as well.
This process on how to deal with negative thoughts and emotions is both simple and easy – and freaking powerful!
The process consists of 4 steps, and it brings you from feeling negative to focusing on what you want in a very short time!
It goes like this:
- Acknowledge the negative feeling
- Accept the feeling; “it’s OK that I’m feeling this negative feeling”
- What I want is this
- Repeat as required
Let me give you an example.
Let’s pretend I’m worrying about paying my bills. Then the process goes like this:
1. Acknowledge the negative feeling
- I’m worried about paying my bills
- I don’t have enough money in my account and I’m worried I will not be able to pay all my bills this month
- I hate worrying about money and I’m sick and tired of being in this situation
2. Accept the feeling – be OK with it
- it’s OK that I’m worrying about money
- it’s OK that I hate worrying about money
- it’s OK that I’m sick and tired of being in this situation
Continue this acceptance talk, until you feel relief!
Sometimes you won’t feel OK with worrying, in stead you might feel additional frustration, because you know that worrying about money is not helping improve your money vibe.
In this case, just step back one level and feel your way into being OK with that.
- it’s OK that I’m frustrated about worrying about money
- it’s OK that I’m not OK with worrying about money
Sometimes you have to step back several levels until you find the relief.
Sometimes you’ll find it right away, in seconds.
As soon as you feel the relief, move on to step 3.
3. What I want is …
- to feel good about money
- to feel safe and secure, etc
Now you are giving your attention to what you want instead!!!
If new contrast arises (negative thoughts and emotions), move on to step 4
4. Repeat as required
Take the “new” negative emotion to step 1 and start all over again
Shift focus in seconds
With a little practice, this process will help you get from negative emotion to focusing on what you want in seconds!
I give huge thanks to Paul and the Communion of Light (COL) for coming up with this awesome and powerful process.Share This: